The International Society for the History of the Map
ISHM Membership Renewal and Registration
Please, read first the instructions to the online registration! Have a question? Contact the ISHM Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1 Membership renewal/application
Already a Member? Download and fill in the 2014 Membership/Subscription Form (pdf), then email to the Membership Secretary. (Note: You should open the file in a pdf reader (e.g. Acrobat) to be able to fill in the fields digitally, otherwise you can print the form, fill it in manually, scan and send to the Membership Secretary.)
Student membership? Please, note you should submit additional documents with your application/subscription.
Note: In case you encounter any technical problem and can not download the pdf, please download the 2014 Subscription Form from here. Apologies for any inconvenience, we have been working onthe website.
Step 1.2 (Optional) Journal Subscription
|IM Print only||
IM Print and
|IM Online only||
|Individual member*||£ 38.00||£ 41.80||£ 38.40||£ 15.00|
|Student member*||£ 28.50||£ 28.50||£ 22.50||£ 7.50|
*Note: additional amount has been added to cover VAT payments required by T & F.
Please, note that this offer is exclusively for 2014 ISHM Members!
You must join us or renew your ISHM membership for 2014 to subscribe.
- In the case of Student Members Council agreed that students would be deemed to be students if they were undergraduates or post-graduates at a recognised university.
- They need to submit a university certificate or equivalent, preferably with a university stamp, and a letter from their supervisor which clearly indicated the dates for which they were enrolled as a student of the university. In other words, they would need to submit two pieces of Identity, one should give their permanent address.
- All document should be scanned and sent in digital format (jpg, pdf )as an attachement to an e-mail to the Membership Secretary at ishm.contact"et"gmail.com (pls in the subject line include 'Student Membership 2014).
- Student membership status will be valid for the society year, that is for the calendar year.
According to the agreement the Society has signed with the publishers of Imago Mundi, Taylor & Francis, and with the support of the Directors of Imago Mundi Ltd, from 2014 the only international academic journal is offered to ISHM members at special rates. For more details on this exclusive offer please read this letter!
Step 2 Payment
Membership fees for 2014 are adopted by the 2013 AGM in Helsinki (addition to cover transaction costs when paying by PayPal): Individual member: £ 16.00 (£ 15.00 + £ 1.00 ), Student member: £ 8.00 ( £ 7.50 + £ 0.5) , Institutional member: £ 46.00 (£ 45.00 + £ 1.00)
Paying online by PayPal:
Select your membership category from the drop-down menu in the blue box first and click 'Add to cart'.
On the Paypal page click on the CONTINUE SHOPPING button if you would like to subscribe as well. You are back to the blue box, select the subscription category from the drop down menu here and click 'Add to cart' again. Now you see both items in your shopping cart. You can remove or change the content of the cart before checking our.
Note: The digital Subscription Form automatically calculates the amount you pay!
- note that you do not need a PayPal account, and you can use all major credit cards to make a secure payment via PayPal! For more information see here.
- the fastest and easisest way of payment is using PayPal (recommended) and, as a charitiy, we have special rates from them
Other methods of payment:
- in cash (in GBP) to the Treasurer (at Society Meetings only),
- or by cheque mailed to the Society's address (please, make sure to add all bank charges (if in doubt ask the Secretary first), and allow 3-4 weeks to process your payment ).
- Your pending member (User) Account on the ISHM website will be valid after your payment is received and confirmed.
- After the acceptance of your membership application by Council you will receive an e-mail notification from the ISHM WebTeam with information how to log on the website's Member Area.
Please, allow two weeks for our administration procedure.
Please, consider supporting ISHM. For more information on donating/sponsoring ISHM please, see this page.