The International Society for the History of Map
ISHM Membership Renewal and Registration
Please, read first the instructions to the online registration! Have a question? Contact the ISHM Membership Secretary at email@example.com
Step 1 Membership
Already a Member? Download and fill in this pdf form, then email to the Membership Secretary.
Student membership? Please, note you should submit additional documents with your application/subscription.
Optional Journal Subscription
|IM Print only||
IM Print and
|IM Online only||
|Individual member*||£ 38.00||£ 41.80||£ 38.40||£ 15.00|
|Student member*||£ 28.50||£ 28.50||£ 22.50||£ 7.50|
*An additional amount has been added to cover VAT payments required by T & F.
Please, note that this offer is exclusively for 2013 ISHM Members! You must join us or renew your ISHM membership for 2013 to subscribe.
- In the case of Student Members the Council agreed that students would be deemed to be students if they were undergraduates or post-graduates at a recognised university.
- They need to submit a university certificate or equivalent, preferably with a university stamp, and a letter from their supervisor which clearly indicated the dates for which they were enrolled as a student of the university. In other words, they would need to submit two pieces of Identity, one should give their permanent address.
- All document should be scanned and sent in digital format (jpg, pdf )as an attachement to an e-mail to the Membership Secretary at ishm.contact"et"gmail.com (pls in the subject line include 'Student Membership 2013).
- Student membership status will be valid for the society year, that is for the calendar year.
According to the agreement the Society has signed with the publishers of Imago Mundi, Taylor & Francis, and with the support of the Directors of Imago Mundi Ltd, from 2013 the only international academic journal is offered to ISHM members at special rates. For more details on this exclusive offer please read this letter!
Step 2 Payment
Membership fees for 2013 are adopted by the AGM on June 30, 2012 (addition to cover transaction costs when paying by PayPal): Individual member: £ 16.00 (£ 15.00 + £ 1.00 ), Student member: £ 8.00 ( £ 7.50 + £ 0.5) , Institutional member: £ 46.00 (£ 45.00 + £ 1.00)
Paying online by PayPal:
Select your membership category from the drop-down menu in the blue box first and click 'Add to cart'. On the Paypal page click on the CONTINUE SHOPPING button if you would like to subscribe as well. You are back to the blue box, select the subscription category from the drop down menu here and click 'Add to cart' again. Now you see both items in your shopping cart. You can remove or change the content of the cart before checking our.
The new PDF registration form will automatically calculate the fee you have to pay!
- the fastest and easisest way of payment is using PayPal (recommended) and, as a charitiy, we have special rates from them
- note that you do not need a PayPal account, and you can use all major credit cards to make a secure payment via PayPal! For more information see here.
Other methods of payment:
- in cash (in GBP) to the Treasurer (at Society Meetings only),
- or by cheque mailed to the Society's address (please, make sure to add all bank charges (if in doubt ask the Secretary first), and allow 3-4 weeks to process your payment ).
- Your pending member (User) Account on the ISHM website will be valid after your payment is received and confirmed.
- After the acceptance of your membership application you will receive an e-mail notification from the ISHM WebTeam with information how to log on the website's Member Area.
Please, allow two weeks for the administration procedure.
Please, consider supporting ISHM. For more information on donating/sponsoring ISHM please, see this page.