The Objectives of the International Society for the History of the Map (ISHMap)
To advance the study of the history of maps in all societies and over all periods of time by promoting the education of the general public in the subject, by promoting communication between members and others interested in the subject, by promoting the research, teaching and funding of the subject. These tasks will be carried out by the members of the society or in association with relevant organizations, by means of publications, conferences, seminars, courses and other suitable methods, at any university or other institution (e.g., library, archiveor museum) worldwide. Download the entire ISHMap Constitution ( PDF document) HERE. (Read the list of our Founding Members , members who were present at the Founding Meeting, held at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London on December 1, 2011 AND those who joined the Society in 2011)
Public Documents: 2016 AGM Agenda (Lisbon, Portugal)
- 2015 AGM Agenda (Antwerp, Belgium)
- 2014 AGM Minutes
- 2014 AGM Agenda (BnF, Paris, France)
- 2014 ISHMap Symposium: Call for Papers
- Minutes of the second Annual General Meetings, 2013, ICHC, Helsinki , Finland/ accepted by 2014 AGM
- 2013 AGM Agenda
- Minutes of the first Annual General Meeting, June 2012, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary / accepted by 2013 AGM
- Minutes of the Foundation Meeting of the International Society of the History of the Map, 1 December 2011, School of Advanced Studies, University of London, London, UK
- Presentation at the Founding Meeting
- Circular to sister societies in 2011 (ISHM Founding Group)
Note: Society documents are available online for members in the Members' Area.
Please log in if you are already an ISHMap Member - or JOIN US now!